Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Re:

I've just bin told father christmas an't real :cry: (how I feel now I've seen the pic)

I'm not sure on the exact year but 2000/02 maybe, its way too new for me and I have no idea how much its worth.

It will have value to someone and there's some nice parts on it (would be a shame to split it)

cheers kaya

Re:

Had fun looking through this thread. Here's my '95 Saracen Terratrax that's been hastily resurrected, having sat unused in my parent's garage for the last 15 years, to accompany my son who got his first bike at Christmas.

Shifters were seized and replaced by modern Altus 310 ones (may look for retro ones eventually but they're fairly unobtrusive and see to work well with the old components).
As they were integrated with brake levers these have been replaced with Alivio BL-MC16 NOS.
Also a NOS Alivio FD-MC14 front derailleur as neither I nor the LBS could get the original to shift smoothly.
New tyres, brake pads, saddle and cables but the rest is original.
Will probably get a new BB but haven't had time yet.

Really surprised at how well it still rides, and how much I'm enjoying cycling again.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 531
Re:

Thought I'd drop these in here for the record.. :) Picked up this beaut last weekend & this is how it came right out of the Brocklanders023's garage, not been touched for over a year or so... ;)
Took it out for a ride around our local park today & was well impressed, rides superbly.
No strange noise everything works as it should just need's a cleanup & service.. :D :D
P38tvYmh.png

Back