Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Re: Re:

markjohnson76":2h5c4kdt said:
Tuff Trax I mean! 89 I believe
That's real nice mate... ;)

markjohnson76":2h5c4kdt said:
I’ve got a tuff track just the same, great little bike. Might have some wheels, handle bar, seatpost and stem too:)
Great, I'd be interested in those, probably not all at once depending on the price.. ;)

Re:

Never considered myself a Saracen lover per se, but I've always had a soft spot for the early ones (along with Muddy Fox, etc), and I've been kind of hankering for a late 80s MTB as a commuter for a little while.

Very happy to have picked up a completely 100% original survivor Saracen Blizzard for £30 today. It'll get a full strip, clean, service, new consumables, then pressed into daily service. The original Ground Controls will be going into storage!

Re:

Well, parts arrived today thanks bluetomgold :D
Really looking forward to getting this back on the road, need to get the required parts together over the winter months & assemble ready for the summer.

Would like to use it for the summer & then strip the frame down and get it stoved new decals etc..
ZdKRE27h.jpg

Re:

Funny - I saw a Saracen on my local Craigslist a month or so back and thought about you guys. Very rare brand here. It looked in good shape, but I don't need another vintage mountain bike. Looked like a late 80's model.

Re:

So... wadda we think about the biopace chainring?
I'm gonna have to replace mine for the Saracen Tufftrax project, is it worth trying them correctly set-up? or should I replace with something else? :roll:

Graham_hkr":jjndp8cw said:
So... wadda we think about the biopace chainring?
I'm gonna have to replace mine for the Saracen Tufftrax project, is it worth trying them correctly set-up? or should I replace with something else? :roll:

For leisure riding I think Biopace rings set-up how Shimano intended have some merit.
It was the racers and wannabees who poured scorn on Biopace. Racers have a point. I'm not sure about anyone else!

firedfromthecircus":v5xvk2ee said:
For leisure riding I think Biopace rings set-up how Shimano intended have some merit.
It was the racers and wannabees who poured scorn on Biopace. Racers have a point. I'm not sure about anyone else!
After a bit of studying I tend to agree

Align the indicating notches on the chainrings with the cranks, self explanatory really. The long axis of the oval aligns with the crank arm.
I think ,...... started doubting myself now but its obvious when you have a set of biopace cranks :|

Oh, I thought that this was a reference to setting them up in a non-standard configuration. I seem to recall reading a while back about biopace never working right out of the box, but can be realligned for improved performance.
Probably my imagination though.

Back