Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Thanks Nick and Brocklanders. Really glad I made the journey to get it. It's an early Xmas present:) I think I'll keep it original but I am partial to the black wheels, what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_9735.jpg
    IMG_9735.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 737
Re:

Picked up a 94(?) Tufftrax yesterday via eBay - I was worried I'd paid over the odds for it, but it's an absolute belter :D Original spec right down to the Z-Maxes, and runs super-tight. I was intending to rebuild the frame with a better spec, but I'll probably give it a good clean and use it as is for a while.
Pics once I've got it home and polished...

Hi Koupe,

Love to see your 94 Tufftrax. I picked up a 92 the other day, very nice condition under the garage dust. I'll upload pics too. Mine doesn't have the z-maxes though, I need a couple of those...:)

Re:

I picked up these two Saracens a week or so ago, a 1992 Tufftrax and a 1990 Traverse Comp (thanks to Brocklanders for the connecting with the Traverse!) Both bikes are in great condition, very original and very low mileage. I bought them in order to make a 1990 Traverse comp replica using the Tufftrax frame set and all the parts off of the Traverse.

Seeing them now I'm not sure I can strip them both down. I think they're hard to find in this condition. So my question to you early Saracen lovers is, do I wait for a 17" 1990 Traverse comp to show up or get started using these two bikes to make one?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 90Traverse_Small.jpg
    90Traverse_Small.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 585
  • Tufftrax_Small.jpg
    Tufftrax_Small.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 585
Mark, if you want some Z-Maxes then you're welcome to the ones off my Tufftrax. There's some soiling on the sidewalls, but very little actual wear on the treads. I was going to keep them for originality, but realistically I'd rather ride it with semi-slicks.

What Saracen bike is this? Any of you know? I bought it for the tyres as it was down the road from me. Pretty dirty and unloved. But it's actually a really solid original bike. Anyone know what model it is? Can't see it on the catalogues. Possibly '93 tufftrax? Any ideas?

Also it has Ambrosio Ontario rims with exam hubs? Not original I don't think, any good?

I'm going to keep the tyres and sell on the rest

Attachments

• IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_6053.jpg
    IMG_6053.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_6054.jpg
    IMG_6054.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 461
Sahara elite - looking back it was not the frames fault but the crap forks and wheels and tires that came on £200 bikes in 1991

Any I left mine in a loft when I moved once - on purpose

And even now I would not take it back and I don't miss it

Back