Wanted Early/mid 2010s 26" Orange in ~17" (hardtail or full suss)

adam_c__trials

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone, getting back into what I'd call ""actual mountain biking"" rather than just trials and dirt jumping... Bit of a nostalgia trip to the time I was getting into bikes, I remember lusting after the Orange bikes of ~2015, my dream bike was a Five in bright lime green...
Now I'm in a position to buy (and more importantly, build!) a nice machine,
asking if anyone's got anything they'd like to pass on and see used.

ISO:
Orange Crush
Orange Five
Or similar, Oranges only please

26" wheels only, frame size ideally 17" or maybe 18" at a push. Happy to buy a complete bike if it's to my tastes, I'd prefer frame only or with a few bits but I'll entertain anything. Don't mind on paint, even if it's covered in MBUK stickers I don't mind, also a couple of dings are fine if the price reflects it just no cracks! Year about 2012 or thereabouts, or also earlier again I don't really mind.

If it's absolutely mint feel free to just say any price you'd like, if it's frame only or with spares I can do a couple hundred or so, I'll stump up for the postage too.
Attached some pics of the stuff I like

Thanks for reading everyone
Adam

Update: Found a Five close to me but still potentially after a hardtail

Attachments

• Crush_Frame-0005.jpg
    Crush_Frame-0005.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Crush_17-000448.jpg
    Crush_17-000448.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Five_am-158.jpg
    Five_am-158.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I have a 5, 18" frame in white in very good cosmetic condition. It's in South Yorkshire. Complete bike for £500

If any of that works for you I can pictures tomorrow.

I have a 5, 18" frame in white in very good cosmetic condition. It's in South Yorkshire. Complete bike for £500

If any of that works for you I can pictures tomorrow.
Hi David that's an awesome offer and it sounds potentially up my street! If you have any pictures I'd love to see them but no rush.

It's been ages since I've been on an actual mountain bike so I want to get the frame size right, I'm after loads of standover and 18" might be a bit too large for me. I mean, I'll fit on it but my riding style has changed a bit. Could I ask with the pictures, how tall are you?

Hi David that's an awesome offer and it sounds potentially up my street! If you have any pictures I'd love to see them but no rush.

It's been ages since I've been on an actual mountain bike so I want to get the frame size right, I'm after loads of standover and 18" might be a bit too large for me. I mean, I'll fit on it but my riding style has changed a bit. Could I ask with the pictures, how tall are you?

I'm 6ft tall, the Orange 5 has loads of standover height due to the dropped top tube. It's not a long bike either.

IMG_20221017_141852808_HDR.jpg IMG_20221017_141859882_HDR.jpg IMG_20221017_141929508_HDR.jpg IMG_20221017_141917842_HDR.jpg

Frame fork seat post stem bars £100
Cheers dude looks awesome, it's a little bit earlier than what I'm after but I hope it goes to a good home, awesome bike

I'm 6ft tall, the Orange 5 has loads of standover height due to the dropped top tube. It's not a long bike either.

View attachment 671857View attachment 671858View attachment 671859View attachment 671860
Hi David, I have slept on this for a while, I really appreciate the offer and it looks absolutely lovely, I'm going to pass on it for now because one has come up much closer to me which I have bit the bullet on and bought.. If you're still looking to sell I hope it goes to a good home! Once again thanks for the messages 👍

Back