Early 80's Battaglin for sale - 57cm

DeathDwarf

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,

I'm selling my Battaglin, I've had it a few years now, but it's always been a bit too big for me. I now have a new bike, which is about a 54.

As you can see there is a large 'B' in the bottom bracket shell which I've been told means it is indeed one of the earliest models. This is where the bike is naturally most worn so there is some paint loss in this area. There is quite a few chips around other parts of the frame and the decals are worn in places. I think it probably never has had a refinish.

There is a catalog on the internet which shows the 1982 model year. I've looked at this and this bike doesn't exactly match any of those shown. The lettering is stencilled onto the frame. The bike has external cable routing for gears and brakes, but also a chromed front fork and chainstay plus a pantographed chainset. I have seen others for sale in Italy that look similar and were sold as Vuelta model, plus a picture in a book of a Colombian rider racing one in 1982.

As for the rest of the bike I completed the build of the parts that came with the frame myself and checked it all over last summer. It has as follows:

Gipiemme Special 52/42 170mm Chainset.
Gipiemme Special Italian bottom bracket.
The freewheel is a 13-24 Suntour at the moment, but I do have a couple of others. This one works well.
Chain is a Sachs/Sedis.
Gipiemme Super LJ Front & Rear derailleurs.
Modolo Int. Patent Brakeset.
Battaglin/Cinelli Seatpost & Stem (11cm).
Cinelli Giro d'Italia Bars.
Concor Saddle.
Gipiemme Special 32 F & R hubs and Nisi Solidal tubular rims.
The pedals are Cambio Rino and there are 2 tubulars on there holding air.

As I say, all of this I checked over last year to make sure that if it sold, the buyer would have no problems riding it straight away.

Personally, I think this is a really nice bike - I used to ride it all the time and it was very comfy for me with a shorter stem etc, on long rides. Hopefully somebody else will be able to get plenty of enjoyment from it too.

I'm asking £600

Any questions, just ask.

Attachments

• img_20170201_153340.jpg
    img_20170201_153340.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,158
  • bike-1.jpg
    bike-1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,158
  • Bike 2.JPG
    Bike 2.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,156