Early 50s La Gazelle - Eau-de-Nil 🛠️ The Merlot Aftermath 🍷

What did you use to photograph it?

Pics look stunning btw

An almost 20 year old Nikon D70 DSLR with the standard zoom lens. I had the location decided, cut up a log for the stand and waited in the evening for a bit of cloud cover to avoid harsh shadows. Most shots taken with full zoom and wide open aperture to make the background fall out of focus. Some minor tweaks later to help with contrast, no colour tweaks. Most pictures are full frame with no cropping.

Woz is actually a cruel man.

He shows the absolute ballache of the French cycling industry, warns others of it and then finalises with this absolute cumshot of a bike that everyone would love to be showered in.

If mixed signals had a name it'd be Woz

Woz is actually a cruel man.

He shows the absolute ballache of the French cycling industry, warns others of it and then finalises with this absolute cumshot of a bike that everyone would love to be showered in.

If mixed signals had a name it'd be Woz
I like the sentiment, the rest you can keep 🤢 😬

Will do ;)

In retrospect now, it was in a bit of a state (and so was I when I bought it :LOL: )

View attachment 755697

Think I will wrap the thread up with a "Ride Report" and few photos out and about over the next couple of weeks.

I am amazed at the result. Well done, Woz! I am halfway tempted to do something similar myself. Just because of the result; a constructeur's build saved. Can't wait for the ride report.

I think you already adressed this at some point, but are you going to use the mudguards and carrier? I believe you thought they were a later addition?

And one thing I am curious about; is it light?

I am amazed at the result. Well done, Woz! I am halfway tempted to do something similar myself. Just because of the result; a constructeur's build saved. Can't wait for the ride report.

I think you already adressed this at some point, but are you going to use the mudguards and carrier? I believe you thought they were a later addition?

And one thing I am curious about; is it light?

Thanks.

The carrier was a later addition, and possibly the dynamo too since there were no braze-ons. The original mudguards were in a scruffy condition - I did for a while look into some "all hammered alloy" unpainted ones, but I couldn't see myself riding this bike in rain to be honest.

I never did weigh the frame and forks and should have done really - yes, lightweight. There's a ton of steel on this bike ..... 🤔 practically it's only those ultra modern 1960s Mafac brakes, Mavic rims and Exceltoo hub shells out of aluminium. I'll try and weigh it all.

Back