Early 2000's Ellsworth ISIS frame and Push tuned shock

olismorris

Retro Newbie
I've got for sale a circa 2002 Ellsworth ISIS single pivot frame and shock 19" 27.2 seat post (can throw in a raceface post for the right price) Very good quality frame although I'm sure I don't need to preach to the choir about Ellsworths quality. Pivot bearings in excellent condition, no play in the shock bushes and comes with a silver Hope headset (albeit the bearings are nearing the end of their life) comes with a push tuned shock that holds pressure very well and gives 100mm of rear travel. IS disc mounts and V brake bosses with Hope blanking plugs. Will come with QR seat clamp. Lovely frame with great torsional stiffness and very little bob considering it's single pivot.
Happy to deliver with a courier or collect from Milton Keynes
Sorry for the muddy pics, Haven't had a chance to snap and pics since I last washed it.

£125

Can I get a bit of feedback from you knowledgeable folk? Is this priced right? I paid £125 for it and thought I was a total steal and thought when the time came I'd get my money back in the blink of an eye! Am I overpricing this? Or do people think it's priced right and I've just got to wait for a buyer who's not after something really retro or "totally enduro man"?

I'm happy enough to listen to offers or consider trades

Re:

Oli, i think you've priced it generously, it's just a case of right person right time ;)

it gets great reviews too, let me ponder......... :D

Re:

Seems like a very fair price. A clean wouldn't go amiss, to show it at its best, and better pictures with it disassembled.

A great frame but a little dated both in terms of the frame and suspension design even when they were released. This and the Joker were the Ellsworth budget range (budget being relative) with a simpler single pivot suspension rather than their more popular and expensive four bar ICT design.

The price seems fair but as Velofrog says, it's probably a case of waiting for that right person to come along.

If you want to get rid and as you paid the asking price for it, perhaps you should consider if you've had a few quid's worth of pleasure out of the frame and sell it for a bit less? My guess is that it'd go easy at £100 and I'm sure you've had more fun with it than a trip to the cinema with your loved one would buy you.

Dave_H":2xjtmo2n said:
If you want to get rid and as you paid the asking price for it, perhaps you should consider if you've had a few quid's worth of pleasure out of the frame and sell it for a bit less? My guess is that it'd go easy at £100 and I'm sure you've had more fun with it than a trip to the cinema with your loved one would buy you.

Absolutely, I don't have a problem with knocking a bit of money off and as you say its worth that money for 18 months worth of fun.

£85
Actually pulling this to bits this weekend so can get bettter (cleaner) pics. Haven't had a chance lately with planning a wedding!

Oh, man... SOLD!!!! And I'll happily chip in £15 on top of your final price there to say thanks for giving it a wash and brush up.

I always wanted an Ellsworth back in the day, but they were way out of my price range. Can't wait to get to grips with this one. Single pivot... I've always kind of preferred it, for the kind of riding I do one of these would be absolutely perfect.

Can drive up to Milton Keynes this evening or tomorrow evening to pick it up, if that suits, and I am happy to Paypal you the cash if that's how you'd like to proceed. If not, can always bring the old-fashioned kind of cash with me.

Give me a shout on 07956 846181 to let me know what works for you...

Email is paulmurff@yahoo.co.uk, if that helps, or message me back on here.

Cheers,

Paul

Back