Dynatech Torus XT

dainesefreak

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It's time to let the Torus go to someone who'll appreciate and ride it. I bought the bike from Wold Ranger off the forum back in 2007 and it's been lightly used, mostly by my wife since. The idea was that this would be a stop gap until my Unicorn 17" Vit T appeared, but my old bones and bad neck really aren't suited to not having suspension. Having 6 other bikes in the garage really doesn't help it's cause too.

Here's the original ad as it was before we negotiated and swapped a few bits and pieces over;

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15926

Current Build

Frame Torus Xt 18 inch (16.5 ctc)
UGLI Forks
Ritchey Logic headset
Stem DynaTech Ti 106 grams
Handlebar Sandvik Ti
Brakes Shimano XT
Cantilever cable hangers Shimano XT
Brake Levers Shimano XT Sti
Shifters Shimano XT Sti
Front Derailleur Shimano XT
Cranks Shimano XT 73'
Chainrings Shimano XT
Rims Mavic SUP 117
Ringle Seatpost (Coke can shimmed, have original Dynatech post)
Flite Ti Saddle (non era)
Ti USE Spin Stix skewers
X-Lite Stubbies and a smatering of Ti bolts

It's in really good condition for the age, some age related rub marks on the UGLI's and crank arms but not much else. Yes I know it's a bit dirty and could do with a decent clean as I've only dug it out and wiped a cloth over it. It's also wearing fairly shite Schwalbe rubber at the moment and the pedals aren't included.

This was put together to be light and it's is a really light responsive bike, lighter than my Carbon Saracen by a fair bit.

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

I'm looking for a solid £300, not desperate to sell as I'm quite attached to it, so if it goes it goes, if not I'll keep it. Cash on collection preferred as I'm keen to not feed PayPal.

Not going to split at the moment and collection from Sutton Coldfield in the West Mids, can possibly arrange to meet part way (wife's car has the rack you see ;)).

Any questions or more photos give me a shout. PM's the best way of catching me.

That is a great buy buddy, bit small for a fellow Midlander but a cracker especially with those ugli forks, good luck with the sale :)

Latest posts

Back