Dunkers big bad build thread

mikee":4sqvbfut said:
P1020522.jpg

P1020520.jpg

P1020518.jpg

P1020525.jpg

at least 2 andy

Like the roger ramjet seat mikee....... :LOL: :LOL:

but single thingy...... :oops: what does it weigh......about 17lbs methinks ;)

its about 8.5 kgs as picced ,but with the other bar/stem its 200g lighter
and the wheels are 120 g heavier than the others that were on it
so about 18 odd pounds

Etch primer on, I'll give it a first coat of final primer when i finish work tonight and see how it is tomorrow. I've left it so late I'll be pleasantly surprised if there is any paint left on it by next Sunday night.

Attachments

• Etch primer.jpg
    Etch primer.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 73
Bearing in mind the original spec of a Emmelle Californian was near 40 lbs I reckon mines shed the most weight however seeing the competition mines lardy. I'll be embarraced if Ecks bike weighs less than mine as he's not really weight weenying his bike, but not surprised.

To be honest I'm not really weight weenying either as the home bodged tensioner I've made is a cut down steel clamp on derallier :roll:

Now Tazio, stop your nonsense about last minute bodged behemoths, your bike is alloy mine is high tensile steel, you cannot possibly build a heavier bike than the lardtail :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing the Helium Alloy bikes, you can anchor them to mine to stop them blowing away :LOL:

I don't think for an instant it's going to be heavy Velo, just not as light as the real weenies.

However I will stand by the last minute claims :D

Gah come on V, I bet you could easily build a sub 25lb low 20's bike from your man cave! What weight is that Pantera? In fact what is the tube spec of the white lightning?

Awwwww c'mon, its taken me 3 weeks to get within a gnats whisker of building the emmelle for Dunkers now you want me to get leaner in only one week :shock:

Well........ I do have an interesting alternative I can maybe SS for dunkers but I bet it wont be a great climber due to frame bob.......hmmmmm, see what I can do ;)

Pantera belongs to Mikee, Giant Cadex needs carbon repair, Claudbutler is surpringly heavy and rides bad, Nishiki needs a lot of work, Spesh Hardrock is a commuter, Trek Y-frame needs a lot of tlc, DB Topanga is OK but not particularly light, White Lightnin' gets too much limelight, Dahon and GT too modern so that only leaves..........

Look back through the posts, I have mentioned it before but originally it came with the first generation of full XTR ;)

Back