Dunkers big bad build thread

Soundin good mikee! :) be interested to see your ideas on a canti hanger.

kaiser":11ay327d said:
big.eck":11ay327d said:
what are the ss5 levers worth k ? :D

I was offered a set of minters for 20euro posted from holland. I didnae mind if they aren't perfect. You got some?

ave got a pair but there quite rough , they came with the mk1 cable hope brakes . not sure if i want to part with them tho :?

you wana borrow them ? there just sitting about waiting to be used :oops:

big.eck":2r59jv6w said:
kaiser":2r59jv6w said:
big.eck":2r59jv6w said:
what are the ss5 levers worth k ? :D

I was offered a set of minters for 20euro posted from holland. I didnae mind if they aren't perfect. You got some?

ave got a pair but there quite rough , they came with the mk1 cable hope brakes . not sure if i want to part with them tho :?

you wana borrow them ? there just sitting about waiting to be used :oops:

If you do feel like parting give us a shout. I've still a while before this one needs finished so I'll keep a look out.

levers 58 grams each ,87 as bought ,i think i can get them under 50 grams
without any detriment

crank 430 g both sides and ring ,seat clamp (22g) cable hanger (12.75g) stem cap (11g)

stem (127g)

:D :D :cool: Stem caps ingenious. What did the cable hanger start life as?

I was looking at the levers I got again and reckon they may be able to match yours. Could really do with a mill mind you.

ux_a10050700ux0287_ux_c.jpg

Weighed some bottom brackets tonight :oops: found a un71 at 251gm. I thought a fancy GT one I have would be the lightest but alas no. I also have a race face ti one which I'm sure is lighter again but its reserved for the SAB and I'm not going to start pruckin other bits.

i found a un54 at 240 grams , the rest were near or over 300 g
but i think the bearings are grumbly ,so might have to look for another b/b

the cable hanger started life as a billet of 6082 t6
the seat clamp also came from the same billet

can you tell what the stem cap started as ?

I dont care if you buy stuff, I was merely pointing out with my budget that I cant and thus it'll be difficult for me to compete on an even playing field.
This does not mean I'm not going to give a weenie build a go its just I have to think make do and mend. ;)

Mikee hasn't bought much velo, he's making it :) get the hacksaw and drill out and steal bits from your washing machine.

Latest posts

Back