Dunkers big bad build thread

If I went off road fixie i'd only need 1 x brake, however lunacy aside it has to be canti's, even cheapo are pretty light :D

I cannot compete with you guys on weight as my budget is near non existent. Will try for sub 25 Ib, closest i ever got BITD that I weighed was 27.5 Ib with a Saracen Dirtrax :roll:

my budgets £100 , £70 of which went on the frame
everything else will come from the shed i think ,might need to buy a chain tho , and some light tyres/tubes if there's anything left

its a good job your not a smartarse eck

mebee gonna fit some nos tektro cantis i have tho they are the wrong colour ,166 grams tho
tho i like the idea of v's for their simplicity

spent some time weighing stuff today
cranks and b/b's first ,got a nice syncros ti one but its needing bearings
so will rake at work tomorrow ,fitted a un54 at 240 grams
for cranks was gonna fit a cooks but need a longer b/b than i have
however an acera with an adaptor to run compact rings comes in
at 302 grams think the cooks was 320
so a bit of adjustment to the acera one should see 275 or less
found a nice 140 gram stem that'll go well with the 140 gram bars i have
also found some gt 3d forks so i can run an aheadset , and the 90 gram headset
spent some time taking the tomahawk marks out of the frame ,will
need to re-polish it now ,might cut the cable guides off too

its coming together

TK is right about including rider weight. I think it should be normalised so that the giants have as good a chance as the dwarves, i.e. it should be calculated as (bike weight)/(rider weight)...

I dont see what rider weights got to do with it, I thought its about the bike.

A calculation that takes in the riders size of bike in relation to bikes weight might equalize things a little. If a giant and a dwarf both have a 20 lb bike hows adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing their weight going to help :?

velomaniac":3ju0lcx7 said:
I dont see what rider weights got to do with it, I thought its about the bike.

A calculation that takes in the riders size of bike in relation to bikes weight might equalize things a little. If a giant and a dwarf both have a 20 lb bike hows adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing their weight going to help :?

x2 , and i think i'll be the heavist anyway :? :LOL:

What about all participants make a guesstimate of what their bike will weigh. Then someone bring a set of bathroom scales to Dunkeld and we award points based on the percentage they were out by.

In fact to be trully daft why dont we stop scientifically weighing our components and base it on picking things up and deciding if they feel light.

Then making our guesstimate and then formally weighing it at the Dunkeld meet :LOL:

Back