Dump find of the Month! 1975 Dave Moulton Track Bike...

Re:

The saga continues. Maggie Thompson (Formally Gordon Smith.) Posted a lengthy and interesting comment on my blog post here: http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com/bl ... -bike.html
She also emailed me and sent the original picture that had been used in the 1976 "Cycling" article, with her head cut off to protect her amateur status.
Here is the pic, Dave.
PS. I believe the bike still has its original wheels. I just counted the spokes in this picture, there are 28 in each wheel, the same as the pictures of the bike now at the start of this thread.
C9rnWW6nDimZJMb-9BHQlTTtZ6ibV0w9u4WrsKCr_6Px8RfYRLy-QTqVyk5xOX7KCNxbJp2Y8JQlotlYS9eJY7BYCqmILCr3YEfAm7CoemxLDOdpEvmTMTLoF69sJG0Ivz9w97nL_cF4AJIkO8Mw8vrTw2UBiuxfZeEZZCpKEwpet5FxbkmPB1-VxHzX-NvuSRiAkOOuIrYurog6DcCpDC5t_z9ZtQruC9HrjGAVFu3P5QNYGP8n5Uh1H0F1ZSlkxw9Kx2BgEHDFJeMMUJn3QqvP37z3ekXaMvW8ahhBwHwWGzuMjsfJ8FMCancgzNnJiyPmMwZ-sdkzTI7Tz5Sfvb_Q_k-000SK10t8lKcWmuJZgpdsB5e4UBknPoAaE5NbxncSCVFdNOlZ-QQNPCWkwWu6uWSKzE7XsFAM8zRxCKhRV3Ox0PD0Tpqqr2p3qywW9qy6F14aZVMfgQc3o3Ie8z4_ggi6UrCyerYYIzSDg2SZnkAJXssqi51XOMXqp5YKcNijqLNQhlqsuAyBXozCP1oBgrmsQPEmf3hefA487apRQYKMTDJyogdTKKHGI6sNww7hgXSV=w2416-h1730-l75-ft

Re: Re:

dave moulton":316zg860 said:
The saga continues. Maggie Thompson (Formally Gordon Smith.) Posted a lengthy and interesting comment on my blog post here: http://davesbikeblog.squarespace.com/bl ... -bike.html
She also emailed me and sent the original picture that had been used in the 1976 "Cycling" article, with her head cut of to protect her amateur status.
I would post the picture if I could just figure out how to do that.
Dave
Wow! Thanks Dave - Great to hear from 'Maggie' herself and what a great read - an interesting lady! The bike has indeed found a great home and will be cherished even more-so now!! Interesting to hear that she sold it in 1978 so I wonder where it was for the last 35 years or so...?
Cheers,
Martin.

By the way, could you send me that picture on email please - I can then upload it here... Cheers.

Re: Re:

dave moulton":2vjni9s4 said:
She also emailed me and sent the original picture that had been used in the 1976 "Cycling" article, with her head cut off to protect her amateur status.
Here is the pic, Dave.
PS. I believe the bike still has its original wheels. I just counted the spokes in this picture, there are 28 in each wheel, the same as the pictures of the bike now at the start of this thread.
C9rnWW6nDimZJMb-9BHQlTTtZ6ibV0w9u4WrsKCr_6Px8RfYRLy-QTqVyk5xOX7KCNxbJp2Y8JQlotlYS9eJY7BYCqmILCr3YEfAm7CoemxLDOdpEvmTMTLoF69sJG0Ivz9w97nL_cF4AJIkO8Mw8vrTw2UBiuxfZeEZZCpKEwpet5FxbkmPB1-VxHzX-NvuSRiAkOOuIrYurog6DcCpDC5t_z9ZtQruC9HrjGAVFu3P5QNYGP8n5Uh1H0F1ZSlkxw9Kx2BgEHDFJeMMUJn3QqvP37z3ekXaMvW8ahhBwHwWGzuMjsfJ8FMCancgzNnJiyPmMwZ-sdkzTI7Tz5Sfvb_Q_k-000SK10t8lKcWmuJZgpdsB5e4UBknPoAaE5NbxncSCVFdNOlZ-QQNPCWkwWu6uWSKzE7XsFAM8zRxCKhRV3Ox0PD0Tpqqr2p3qywW9qy6F14aZVMfgQc3o3Ie8z4_ggi6UrCyerYYIzSDg2SZnkAJXssqi51XOMXqp5YKcNijqLNQhlqsuAyBXozCP1oBgrmsQPEmf3hefA487apRQYKMTDJyogdTKKHGI6sNww7hgXSV=w2416-h1730-l75-ft
Don't know why, but I'm not seeing the pic you put up Dave so i'm attaching it again for all to see...
Great Pic!!
M.

Attachments

• Maggie2 LR.jpg
    Maggie2 LR.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 2,381
Between here and Dave Moulton's blog, this is a great story.

@marty I hope Maggie takes up your offer to be reunited with the bike. That's a photo I would love to see.

MartyP Do you still have this bike? I have someone in the UK looking for one. Contact me davesbikeblog[AT]gmail[DOT]com
Dave Moulton

Re:

Dave - good day - it may be that Marty hasn't visited this thread for some time. It's probably worth sending him a pm if you haven't heard from him via your other routes.

I've only just discovered the thread myself. Enthralling, to say the least!

Latest posts

Back