DT Hugi Swiss Made Hubs

Yes, they are the same as mine, I think the manual is in the Archive.
The hubs are all the same.

Just tap away and they come apart.. But it is late and I'm off to bed.

some info form the dt swiss fb page

The first DT Swiss hub was introduced. The RATCHET freehub system with its unique sound provided superior reliability.
DT Hügi
335g

Hugi2.jpg

The DT Hügi got a new hub shell.
DT Hügi 95
335g

Hugi3.jpg

The first disc brake hub was introduced, with Ratchet System of course.
DT Hügi Disc Brake
430g
Hugi4.jpg

The DT Hügi was completely reworked. The plugged design allows tool-free disassembly and thus simplified maintenance. The no-tool concept is still used today and allows easy adaptation to all common standards. Furthermore the ball bearings were improved, the seals optimized and the precision increased.
DT Hügi 98
330g
Hugi5.jpg

A legend was born! The first DT Swiss 240. Reduced weight - the new Star Ratchet System.
DT Swiss Hügi 240
240g

Hugi6.jpg

There is more to it but pretty modern so I'll stop there unless you want the rest dropped here

the first picture isnt the first hugi hub. i've seen hugi hubs with uniglide freehub. the hugi hub i had new early 90s had black axle end caps that were steel & the freehub was also steel

the first picture isnt the first hugi hub. i've seen hugi hubs with uniglide freehub. the hugi hub i had new early 90s had black axle end caps that were steel & the freehub was also steel
I think it’s suggesting it’s the first DT version of the hub. Hugi was it’s own company for many years prior until DT Swiss purchased them in 1995 I believe and re branded them DT Hugi.

DT Swiss the parent company was founded in 1994 through a management buyout from the Biel-based company Vereinigte Drahtwerke (who made wire I think) first making spokes, then nipples in 1996. But the hugi hubs in 1994 catalogue specs are not DT swiss branded as best I know, they are just Hugi branded.

Last edited:
If you want to make a hugi hub sound amazing, put it in the middle of a tioga disc drive. First bike I saw that set up was ned overends specialized ultimate. A year later I had the same set up

If you want to make a hugi hub sound amazing, put it in the middle of a tioga disc drive. First bike I saw that set up was ned overends specialized ultimate. A year later I had the same set up
Talk about unnecessary complications in already complicated lives.

I have the first hugi pictured above. Love the sound, weight, engagement and all metal construction but those aluminum freehubs make me sad.

Back