DT Hugi Swiss Made Hubs

Think you do need an axle holder. I have a manual if you would like feel free to PM me. I took mine apart, now selling the complete wheel. Get a really good grip on the axle. Cheers
Hi folks, I've managed to get my hands on some DT Hügi hubs paired with Bontrages Mustang rims, following the threads it looks like they are '98.

Does anyone know how to disassemble them for maintenance? They don't have any notches or parts to disassemble the cassette and this model doesn't appear in the catalogue? It seems to require specific tools but I don't have them either? Anyone with any knowledge?

Best hubs i've had. Simple, reliable, light, sound great. Had set after set on MTBs and currently have some on a Merlin and CK on a Moots road bike.

I've had several sets over the years, currently have some 95's, Bontrager branded 240's and some 350's on the go. Only had a couple of problems with them, the 95 version with the screw on driveside endcap, the cap can be over tightened, squashing the spacer between the inner freehub and driveside hub bearing, causing the freehub to jam against the flange and not ratchet. Easily solved with a new spacer or small washer, completely down to user error and I suspect one of the reasons the endcap was push on on the following version. Also had a 440 shell crack across a flange, went with a bang, involved a long walk but was replaced swiftly under warranty. I like that modern (non EXP) ratchets fit in older hubs, bearings are easily changed, ok sometimes getting the drivering out is a bastard! But generally a nice, light, reliable hub.

Back