Dog owners, your views please

531brazed":yreqr6mb said:
Mine is off-lead most of the time, it needs a good run around to burn off energy. Loves to chase muntjac, never caught one. Farmers seem very happy when it catches a rabbit and eats it whole. Recall is a bit selective especially when on a chase.
As for livestock, different story, on lead.
As for arguing with a whole tribe of chavs, rather you than me mate. Start telling other people what they should and shouldnt do and you're unlikely to get a positive response.

Eats rabbits whole !!! What is it, a wolf ?

Re:

My 2 are on the lead unless in a proper fenced in area where I KNOW they can't escape. They're greyhounds.....recall is a thing that only works if i'm in the kitchen and anything small/large/undetermined is a reason to run over to and inspect/chase. Unfortunately, they can be quite intimidating charging towards you at full speed.

It's safer for them and everyone else for them to be attached to me lol

german wirehaired pointer
she has lovely puppies, 1 boy left, looking for a suitable home, either working or lively active pet. Great for keeping up with a mountain bike.

when I say eats whole, not in one swallow, usually starts at one end and goes to the other. Nothing left. Would you like the details ? Crunch crunch munch wag wag.

Our cavallier stays on a lead when out and about regardless of where we are as she's no sense what so ever and wants to run up to any animal or vehicle that's moving with no thoughts to wether their a danger or not ..

Muddy paw":3ehin6fz said:
Our cavallier stays on a lead when out and about regardless of where we are as she's no sense what so ever and wants to run up to any animal or vehicle that's moving with no thoughts to wether their a danger or not ..

Bit like the wife.

The History Man":334r9t3q said:
Muddy paw":334r9t3q said:

Bit like the wife.

You said it mate :LOL: and my Mrs tends to lose her way quite a lot while out shopping and that's in the same shop we've going to for over 2 years now :facepalm: .

Yesterday afternoon, in a public park, a dog ran over and tried to get a taste of my 2 year olds lollipop, I picker her up just before she had mutt all over her, and most likely knocking her flying - dog was as tall as she is.

Dog owner was about 100 metres away shouting at the dog! Dog seemed friendly enough but they should be on the lead really, especially when there's folk about and you don't have 100% control of them.

531brazed":8xntydtj said:
german wirehaired pointer
she has lovely puppies, 1 boy left, looking for a suitable home, either working or lively active pet. Great for keeping up with a mountain bike.

Hi is this collection nay or are you willing to pack and post?

Any pics? :LOL:

xxnick1975":1mv5arc7 said:
Yesterday afternoon, in a public park, a dog ran over and tried to get a taste of my 2 year olds lollipop, I picker her up just before she had mutt all over her, and most likely knocking her flying - dog was as tall as she is.

Dog owner was about 100 metres away shouting at the dog! Dog seemed friendly enough but they should be on the lead really, especially when there's folk about and you don't have 100% control of them.

This is why we train our dogs to ignore people who are eating, and very strictly.

Some people just should not have animals.

Back