Dog owners, your views please

Re:

Just out of interest what are other folks dogs like with kids on them scooters had one dog they scared him,
The one we have now goes barmy :facepalm: another reason to keep him on the lead but he is a terrier,

Re:

Terrier?

Do you mean your dog or your kid ! :LOL:

Got your crank on properly now? :roll: ;)

Sounds like you had some fun, many turn up ?

Re:

7 turned up ;;cranks on the non drive side, so loads of loktite
And pray salt water doesn't break it down ;

Terriers the dog :D

Re:

In Canada, we still have millions and millions of acres of real bush and wilderness ... where a poorly intended dog (or hiker) might still get eaten by a grizzly bear.

Re:

If I walk Alf (my dog) in a public place, in any shape or forum. Or there's the slightest chance of us encountering humans, livestock, wild animals, domesticated animals, he's kept on his lead.

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":q6q2kcro said:
Shame we have no grizzlies, would certainly sort out a few people like the ones Mike met today.... :LOL:

they are talking about re-wilding wolves.. not sure that would solve the problem though.

theres loads of dear around were i live, they arent wild or livestock, they are feral. i think there was a pressure group trying to get them classed as vermin so they could be culled. if that happened would they be fair game for the dogs?

the woods near me are mostly military land and the rules on leashes dont seem to apply cos its basically a dog park, usually you meet a dog running along the trail with its owners nowhere in site. get chased every now and again. havnt had to kill one yet.

Re:

I would ask the landowner for their views. Roe deer are flighty, we have lots visiting us and very few are less timid. They will run as a first option, and often into danger.

Can't comment about how dogs should behave, as they should never be allowed to vary from their masters' desires. Don't want to start a row. ;)

Mine is off-lead most of the time, it needs a good run around to burn off energy. Loves to chase muntjac, never caught one. Farmers seem very happy when it catches a rabbit and eats it whole. Recall is a bit selective especially when on a chase.
As for livestock, different story, on lead.
As for arguing with a whole tribe of chavs, rather you than me mate. Start telling other people what they should and shouldnt do and you're unlikely to get a positive response.

Back