Do we have a resident C'dale headshock expert?

Re:

from memory the 88 needle bearings sit against steel races. you will probably have had water ingress, which hasnt helped, and if your going to attempt service and repair, you will certainly want the races and bearings.

Re:

Had a basic partial strip this morning to survey the carnage.....it ain't pretty in there folks!!!
Annoyingly everything moved up and down, but with zero damping, prior to my tinkering but now after a thorough lube and scotchbright to the worst of the corrosion there is no movement up or down at all!!!
I think maybe some adapter headset cups might be the way forward, can i use the original forks with that setup or would i need to source something different???

Re:

Or you could just buy another HeadShok in better condition. There was a place in the US selling NOS ones a while back..will try find the link.

Re: Re:

Grannygrinder":3jvru8bb said:
Had a basic partial strip this morning to survey the carnage.....it ain't pretty in there folks!!!
Annoyingly everything moved up and down, but with zero damping, prior to my tinkering but now after a thorough lube and scotchbright to the worst of the corrosion there is no movement up or down at all!!!
I think maybe some adapter headset cups might be the way forward, can i use the original forks with that setup or would i need to source something different???

BITD, this guy was UK based, no longer but hes awesum.

https://www.eighty-aid.com/en

Back