Do buyers ever read the ********* ad?

baldyonabike

Devout Dirtbag
Seriously, I've had an ad on FB marketplace for a month now, for a bike that needs work. The ad says in some considerable detail what that work is.
So far every reply has been along the lines of:
"Nuffink wrong wiv it?"
Do the brakes work? ( Ad says no, obviously)
Does it ride? ( Ad says no, obviously)
"Does it need anything doing?"

Do any of these happy sods actually read the ads, or, as I suspect, are they being disingenuous?
I had one very long conversation with a, well a berk, who started by asking if the bike was ready to ride. When pointed back at the ad, he kept asking questions answered in the ad and using the answers ( which were what needed doing and that this was stated in the ad ) to try and drive the price down. No matter how many times I reiterated that the bike was priced in accordance with the work required his reply was along the lines of "Oh I didn't see that, so right it needs xxxxxx so how about *lower offer*

It's a royal pain in the saddle area.

BOAB

On a more serious note, I honestly think people on FB marketplace and eBay just see a picture and go "me want". I know I'm like that myself sometimes.

Descriptions are best when everything is deduced down to very few guttural sounds.

Something like,

"THIS NEEDS WORK, IT WILL NOT RIDE UNTIL FIXED"

And then the juicy details underneath. All caps help I find.

Failing that, try to edit the photos to have a bright yellow and red flashing warning going 'NO FIX, NO RIDE'

Seriously, I've had an ad on FB marketplace for a month now, for a bike that needs work. The ad says in some considerable detail what that work is.
So far every reply has been along the lines of:
"Nuffink wrong wiv it?"
Do the brakes work? ( Ad says no, obviously)
Does it ride? ( Ad says no, obviously)
"Does it need anything doing?"

Do any of these happy sods actually read the ads, or, as I suspect, are they being disingenuous?
I had one very long conversation with a, well a berk, who started by asking if the bike was ready to ride. When pointed back at the ad, he kept asking questions answered in the ad and using the answers ( which were what needed doing and that this was stated in the ad ) to try and drive the price down. No matter how many times I reiterated that the bike was priced in accordance with the work required his reply was along the lines of "Oh I didn't see that, so right it needs xxxxxx so how about *lower offer*

It's a royal pain in the saddle area.

BOAB
I am selling something at the moment. I can't count how many times people ask things I explicitly mentioned in the ad. I just answer their questons, idiots have money too..

Back