DMR Bolt - a hooligan bike!

Re: DMR Bolt - a single-speed full-sus pt.2

ajantom":3t42esrb said:
31lbs give or take a bit. Weighed on fishing scales, so accuratish ;)

Does it feel biased for a freeride type of ride or enduro pedal machine for trails?

Feels fine pedalling it around the trails. Though I have no doubt it would eat up freeride type stuff too.
I far prefer a solid bike that will withstand some abuse, to a lightweight one that I'm worried will get damaged.

Looks great, also a big fan of steel. But only ever used steel hardtails. This does make me want a bolt though :)

Re:

It's fun as a single-speed, though I want to take it on some longer day rides round Wales and the FoD, so currently converting it to 1x10 with a wide/narrow chainring.

Glad you're getting on with.

Narrow wide rings are witchcraft! Mine has been pretty much faultless aside from two dropped chains at Bike Park Wales. Both in the same spot, a g out. I'm putting it down to the broken cable feral; as the suspension was compressing, the broken real was allowing the mech to try and ghost shift as tension was lost which in turn allowed the chain to hop off.

It's worn pretty well, although the is an indent on the teeth now as it's worn.

Re:

Took it out for it's first ride with the 1x10 gearing, clutch mech and the narrow/wide ring.

You're right it's practically black magic at work! Very wet, gloopy and gritty conditions. I took it down some of the most rutted and rooty local trails and the chain stayed on. Also , no chain slap :) which has always been one of the reasons I prefer SS bikes.

Re:

Still riding it (obviously!) and still loving it :cool:
Replaced the Pikes with some Magura Thors. Mainly because they're a lot lighter - over 500 grams!
Recently fitted a new CCDB Inline shock to it which improves the uphill performance no end, and makes it more 'mannered' on the downs. The X-Fusion shock was overly plush, and seemed to be effected by g-outs. This feels smoother, but not as wallowy, feels amazing over rooty/rutty stuff. I also like fiddling with all the adjustments :oops:

Cane a Creek Air shocks are pretty impressive things aren't they? I have a DBair on my Rune and it's the best air shock I've ever used. I found out the hard way that you need to be careful with so much adjustment because you van make a real mess of how the bike feels.

Re:

Have you scaled it recently? I've been curious to know if it's feasible to configure a lightweight enduro/freeride bike without sacrificing comfort and durability of the lightweight parts that go along with it.

Re:

@ Mindmap3 - I've been changing the settings in small increments, and done a few back to back runs on some short DH runs seeing the difference. The best change for me was upping the HSC slightly.

@ Noisia - not weighed it in it's current guise yet. Having added the gears, but taken 500g off with the forks I guess it'll not be too much heavier.

Back