Dirty Weekender 2008- 31st May/1st June

All those that have expressed an interest- which weekend suits you?

• 10-11 MAY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 17-18 MAY

• 24-25 MAY

• 31 MAY- 1 JUNE

• 7-8 JUNE

• 14-15 JUNE

• 21-22 JUNE

• Total voters
Maybe it's like a retro treasure hunt? first we have find a clue to whether it's still on by listening for drumbeats, then work out the location, possibly only by recieving smoke signals, :roll: :LOL:

Gonzalez":17ygwiky said:
Morning all! is this still on? or am I missing something? :) ...or have I missed the event? :roll:

Hopefully- reason its been quiet is a last minute camping venue problem. It has changed hands recently and new owner not keen on a large group of young men on the site :roll: (long time since I was a called a young man :LOL: )

I am trying to sort something out this weekend and might have to go back down.

Otherwise looking good, I think Gil has an excellent little route sorted out and I have most of the gear sorted out for the Sat night.

Will keep you all posted.

S

i think i may come along for the sat ride on the moors but no camping.
1st time out on the singlespeed so hope the route isnt too hard!

don't know how anybody else feels but if I remember I'm going to bring a whole load of spare parts to swap/sell.

Anybody else want to do the same? Thought it'd be a good chance to score some cheap stuff as you won't have to pay postage :D

I have got a nice little stash of parts to bring along too!

Still no progress on venue :cry: - been in touch with Gil but running out of options. Campsite owners are not keen on a load of lads in a group- sounds like they have had some trouble in the past. Got a few more to try in the morning.
Also going to try and sweet talk owner of original venue because location wise its perfect. It has been my favourite pub for years but new owner has ideas on making it a little more high class, which is a shame :roll:
Don't want to pull the plug on this, got a mountain of meat to collect from farm shop on sat morn that I've ordered especially for the weekend. Its taken ages to get all the kit organised too.

S

Back