Dilemma that needs your help in resolving

I ran a frame with the old wide BB spindle (whatever M730 XT cranks needed) and road cranks with a 53t ring. Enough clearance without sillystuff.

MJN":3sfd51fd said:
Use a smaller chainring with say a 13/14t sprocket.Or learn to spin :D

If Ed spins with his torque we are all screwed I tell thee.

Thats a nice 1x1 Ed for the money. I was tempted to make you an offer, but fear I would still need a ladder to get on it. I remember the clown antics when I tried riding your other bikes :? :LOL:

Better to look like a clown than ride like one I'd say (in case too cryptic this is a dig at me!).

Ok, didn't play tennis this evening so in boredom whipped the cranks off the 1x1 and replaced them with Campag Record with a 48t ring (what I had from the Crosscheck). No change of b/b and clearance is tight all round but totally doable. Needs as needs must when the dvil vomit's in your kettle.

Proof will be in the riding tomorrow but it is looking very purposeful and will scream at cars "don't mess". Not sure I can wear my Assos jacket with it though :oops:

If all goes well I'm likely to have a 60cm Surly Crosscheck frame, forks and headset all in excellent condition up for sale in the next few days.

Back