Did anyone on here buy the Ibis Alibi off eBay yesterday?

sunympholepsy

98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
As per title… it was a lovely Eddy orange colour. I am in the state of deep remorse for missing out on it as it was the right size and I always fancied one in that colour. If for whatever reason the buyer would be willing to part with it, I am here with bleeding fingertips, staring blankly into the void…

You’re a man after my own heart buddy, and I feel your pain. Hold strong for the Mojo Ti; when it happens you’ll not be disappointed I’m certain. 😀

Thank you @ferrus !
I am definitely holding out for the Ti Mojo. It’s THE one for me, I am sure.
Just thought a little pick-me-up to help the wait wouldn’t hurt

I’ve no money, alas.
(..but on the off-chance, a large 19”/20” - in case two pop up, or you change plans and decide you’d prefer a Klein) 😁

C2EB6DB8-B701-47B5-A921-988DED68EF05.png
It seems it was meant to be!
A couple of days after posting the thread I’ve received an email telling me I got a second chance as the original sale fell through due to overseas buyer’s request to withdraw his winning bid. As I was the second highest bidder I was given the right to purchase it for the same amount as my maximum bid. Neat!

And after rummaging through the parts stash and a couple of late nights later:
0118B6D6-59BA-4893-940B-73629DCE4BAA.jpeg
I haven’t found my Mojo yet but at least I’ve got a solid Alibi!

Great news.
It looks lovely, - the Berthoud saddle’s a very nice choice.
Thank you for being my moral support 🙂

I can’t tell you how happy I was when it arrived, it’s almost embarrassing.
The saddle might not be ideal for off-road/muddy conditions (and certainly isn’t ‘catalogue spec’ etc.), but I really like G.B. saddles, quality and comfort are excellent, also it’s what I had in the stash.
Just waiting for the granny ring to complete it, and then it’s test ride time.

Latest posts

Back