1990 17" Clockwork. *NOW SOLD £320 inc postage via ebay

prezza

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
OK guys, I have listened and will split this bike if I am able to have buyers for the following parts. Prices fixed but fair Im afraid:

1 - Frame inc cane creek 1" aheadset and origonal 1" threaded headset £110 (plus £15 postage if required)

2 - Pace forks inc manuals, current 1" ahead steerer tube and additional 1 1/8" steerer tube £70 (plus £10 postage if required)

3 - Wheels (XT hubs and Sun Rhino Lite rims) £60 (plus £10 postage if req).

As stated I will only split the lot if I have buyers for each of the above (not just one or two of them!) ie subject to conditions outlined above.

First to post they want the items above on THREAD will take priority.

Take a look at the pics and you will see how clean these items are!

And I still havent used it yet other than as described below as its toooo clean and Im sooo OCD!!!!!

Cheers

PS bike is advertised and still available as complete bike elsewhere so will sell if it goes as complete bike before above items claimed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here I have for sale a FANTASTIC condition Clockwork in solid orange colour with PACE RC36 Evo 2 forks.
Please note that this bike has just been built by myself as a hobby/project and I have not used it at all barring riding round my yard to tune it. It is therefore in super condition, immaculately presented and rides like a dream. I have purchased many new parts for this build as noted below.

I will say that this bike was never built up for the purist. I basically wanted to build up one of these bikes but enhance its rideability with subtle more modern upgrades, both reconditioned and new to make it more useable.

This has been a full nut by nut and bolt by bolt rebuild so everything has been lubed, greased and serviced. The frame has a few marks here and there but nothing major and was in too good condition to warrant a respray. It has however had a thorough polish and more updated late 90's decals fitted by me(purchased from Orange).
When fitting the forks I also changed the headset from origonal threaded to a 1" Ahead style then by using an Ahead 1" to 1 1/8" shim have enabled the fitting of standard 1 1/8" stem to allow for more stem length options and upgrades.
I have also fitted more powerful V Brakes, converted it from 7 to 9 speed around a more modern XT groupset.

BRAND NEW parts purchased and fitted include:

FSA X6281 alloy 68cm wide riser bar
Orange coloured lock on grips
FSA OS190 110mm 6 degree stem
Cane Creek S2 1" Ahead set
Ritchey Comp seatpost
Alloy QR seatpost bolt
Sram PG970 11/34T cassette
Sram PC951 chain
2 x Continental Vapor 26x2.1 offroad tyres
2 x Michelin presta valve tubes
Shimano PD M520 SPD pedals with removeable plastic flat covers
Jaguar brake and gear inners, outers and doughnut frame protectors fitted
Black frame bolts fitted to replace standard silver ones

Second hand parts sourced and fitted include:

Pace RC 36 Evo 2 fork (with origonal owners service manual!)
XT SL M750 9 speed shifters
XT BL M739 levers
XT BR M750 V brakes
XT FH M760 F & R hubs
Sun Rhyno Lite black rims
Genuine Orange saddle with great logo
XT RD M750 9speed F & R mechs
Shimano SG 24/34/46 chainset (think this is origonal Deore?)

As stated this bike can only be described as fantastic with many parts being brand spanking new and unused. Selling due to having many other bikes/hobbies and not enough time to ride them all. I reallly like this bike and want it to go to a good home.

Be quick at........

£345 inc Free P&P - or to be sold split as detailed above
****Now reduced to £250 plus £20 P&P if required****

Anyone reading this spec list and the money it cost for the new parts will quickly realise that this is an extremely reasonable asking price.
Be quick!!!!!

Thanks... Andy

I am located in Durham. Collection preferred but will post to mainland included in price.

Attachments

• orange clockwork 062.JPG
    orange clockwork 062.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,341
  • orange clockwork 071.JPG
    orange clockwork 071.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,341
  • orange clockwork 081.JPG
    orange clockwork 081.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,341
Can anyone please help me to post the pics I have!
I have looked at FAQ's etc but the problem is that when I try to attach pics from my desktop the size is way too big!
Please help as a picture speaks a thousand words so they say!

prezza":357b0axo said:
Can anyone please help me to post the pics I have!
I have looked at FAQ's etc but the problem is that when I try to attach pics from my desktop the size is way too big!
Please help as a picture speaks a thousand words so they say!

Select image 'Right Click' then choose Open in paint (Assuming you are running windows), the select 'Image' from toolbar use the 'Stretch/Skew' option then on the 'Stretch' reduce both figures from 100 to 25 then save hey presto a smaller more manageable image to post.

Resizing made easy :D

Nice bike but it's not a 1993, more like a 90ish. you can tell because the seat stay and top tube don't join on the seat tube.

brocklanders023":i2mkrvx2 said:
Nice bike but it's not a 1993, more like a 90ish. you can tell because the seat stay and top tube don't join on the seat tube.

And cable routeing also :)

Thanks fellas. I only thought it was a 93 after looking at manuals on forum. If its a 1990 then ill go with your better judgement as haven't had bike from new. Thanks for taking the time to investigate! If it goes I will be sad though as it is a cracker!

I'm sure there are a few folk on here who would love to give this frame a good home, but the new, and more modern, components may well be putting them off.
I think you will attract more buyers by splitting the bike...

Haha...I'd gladly do a penny discount if £399 sounds better especially I find when convincing the wife!

As for splitting the parts, I built it like this so it rode so well rather than struggling to find older parts with more chance of being worn out.
I'm confident that if someone wants say the frame then if they were a purist through and through they could easily break the bike themselves to make the cash for a different spec..what I don't know won't hurt me!

Also forgot to mention that I do have original threaded headset and shimano Dx front mech which I'd include in price.

Can't be fairer than that!

Back