Decent frame pump . What happened to them

Nice ,but at nearly £100 .......
I have zefal HPX on my Mercain but am looking for another decent one when using another bike .
No wish to find I have left home without one :rolleyes: 🫣

Nice ,but at nearly £100 .......
I have zefal HPX on my Mercain but am looking for another decent one when using another bike .
No wish to find I have left home without one :rolleyes: 🫣
Ya, that's the price of quality these days apparently. I think they are fully rebuildable if that would ease the pain. Fortunately I managed to replace my HPX after a bus ran over my original one after a crash on traintracks.

Got a couple of period zefals in shed. How long are you looking for?

Hpx2 and an sp4. Others too but hpx4 sold.

E4547B4F-FA44-4148-9E76-D8AD7D71E54E.jpeg

Last edited:
The Demise of the Frame Fit Pump was driven by the rise of the sloping toptube and the popularity of mtbs.
The angle between seat- and toptube is no longer reliably "acute" so the pump will no longer reliably fit under the toptube, or even against the seat tube.
Frame mounted pegs are either ugly or an additional process for the manufacturer.

Additionally tyres on average bikes were bigger volume and lower pressure, meaning the existing designs were no longer really suitable.

Ah now ask me about chrome toeclips🤣

I'd rather pump up a fat tyre with a full-sized pump than a mini. The problem I found with putting a FF pump on my sloping frame was the shorter seat tube meant that the length required was far shorter than any pump I already owned, I can only imagine how difficult a task it would be for the more vertically challenged riders. Then there's the question of do you have a second bottle cage or a full(ish) sized pump? For me the pump wins hands down - if I run out of liquid I'll stop somewhere and top up.

Back