Decent FM transmitter mp3 player to car stereo

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sooo now I can get my driving boots on, I need to be listening to my music not most of the rubbish on the radio. My problem however is inkeeping with retro of course my car's got a cassette player and I need to get the music from my phone on there. Now unfortunately the cassette adapter things are out of the window as it wont play cassette's (handy I know) so my only choice without coughing up money for a new stereo is one of these new fangled fm transmitter things. I'm guessing there's bound to be other people on here who's used them soo what I want to know is which are the good one and bad ones so I know what to avoid and what to buy. Oooh one last thing, needs to be one that uses the headphone jack as I'm all about the android phones not iphones, so iphone/ipod ones are out of the window.

I had a Belkin one that was pants. All I could hear was interference from the injectors in my Suzuki Vitara ( diesel ) :LOL: . Might be worth trying to borrow one first !

I had a Griffin iTrip, it was about £50 so you could just buy a cheap new stero head for that. It worked ok once working quality wise, but it would not store a fixed frequency so on a long trip, every time we stopped and started again, we had to reset the freq. and retune the car radio. Useless, in practical use.

Cassette deck? Is it a late 90s model?

You can pick up a CD version with Aux in cheap if you look around.

That would be my plan, anyway. :)

I use the cheapy Garage forecourt ones - they are powerful enough to be picked up by FM receivers around the house too.

I stream from my phone via Bluetooth to the FM receiver with a Jabra SP 700. Works great. Very little interference ever.

Back