BoTM Deanphoto's 1993 GT Team RTS is voted Bike of The Month for October 2023

Bike of The Month
Congratulations to @deanphoto on coming out on top, by the narrowest of margins. You can view the build thread, and more superb images of Team RTS here

11.jpg

well.....there's a 'retro thought' which is in the back of my mind that a back-to-factory Raleigh Mustang would be as legitimate a BotM as some Chris Chance or Charlie Cunningham esoterica. The Mustang got a lot of people into the groove, deep into the mud and dust, and off the road. I like a nice image, me, and I can see that the nature of the image can subconsciously introduce some bias. But hey ho, twas ever thus....

Lovely bike and an excellent build thread too. I had a RTS 2 the first year they came out. I rode the wheels off it and still have have so many great memories of it. Always tempted by another .................
im currently selling my gt rts 3 1995 but i need some idea of what they go for its not in tip top condition but its been used a lot when i was in my teens

I'm even a GT guy. Have submitted bikes in the past. You know...this thread....it's suppose to be about the bike. This thread has become nothing more than a photographers ego trip. Let's face it...a Walmart Huffy would look just as good in the same photo with that backdrop. Time to rename this thread "Retro Photo of the Month". It's BS and I'm sure there's other of you that would agree. Perhaps this thread should renamed "Build Thread of the Month" so that we can see some of the painstaking stuff many of us have gone through in getting a bike to this point. This thread is certainly not what it was when it started. It's evolved into the photographers dream thread...it's no longer about the bike.

well.....there's a 'retro thought' which is in the back of my mind that a back-to-factory Raleigh Mustang would be as legitimate a BotM as some Chris Chance or Charlie Cunningham esoterica. The Mustang got a lot of people into the groove, deep into the mud and dust, and off the road. I like a nice image, me, and I can see that the nature of the image can subconsciously introduce some bias. But hey ho, twas ever thus....
Fact...it's not even a 93! The front triangle may be have been made late in 93 and stamped with a late 93 serial number. Which would mean it's a 94. Fact... There was no Team RTS in 93. There was an RTS-1 with chromoly rear end...not aluminum. The bike in the photo is also wearing 95 decals....all these points lead to my comment regarding this thread becoming nothing but a photo contest. It's not about period correct classy renovations anymore... Make This Thread GREAT again! I'm even a GT guy. Have former team members RTS's built to perfection but a photo against a garage walls wouldn;t look impressive to the clowns that voted...they still would have picked the one with the pretty view.

Back