Dean titanium 1995

Re:

So as I said in the first post, my aim was to build the bike up with available parts in the garage and further improve it. I had a very good condition XT M739 groupset on a wall hanger which I think is a really good set that works very well so that's my basis for improvement. The below pics were after I fitted a few of the parts but yet to start connecting anything up:

0axrv8s.jpg

evtucYR.jpg

2zJaYqW.jpg

I also had the coloured cables given to me by the previous owner, I had no idea how these would look on the build but I know from other builds I do like a bit of colour on these Dean's. That's a kitchen mat by the way, not some crazy 70's carpet design.

Gbhb50t.jpg

So to bring this upto date with where I am at the moment, I've trial fitted the coloured Shimano cables to see what it looks like. Might be a bit Marmite but personally I'm quite happy with it although I may replace the back red one for black. Opinions welcome.

HyOJ33j.jpg

HcYDSEf.jpg

CmHzIpr.jpg

Looks great, not a fan of the 739 cranks myself, personally i would go with the 737 cranks but really like the coloured cables, especially at the front.

mk one":d3swd7hd said:
Looks great, not a fan of the 739 cranks myself, personally i would go with the 737 cranks but really like the coloured cables, especially at the front.

Agreed, I'm not a fan of them either especially as the silver colour is a bit bright but that's all I had available. I'm still a way off finishing this but I have a set of Cooks to go on, just need the rings.

b165B25.jpg

Re:

That is coming along really nicely: what's not to love about a retro DEAN..?
Still over the moon with my 1994 too, those primary colors on yours are really inspiring :D
Enjoy!

Re: Re:

Double-E F":tjcw124z said:
That is coming along really nicely: what's not to love about a retro DEAN..?
Still over the moon with my 1994 too, those primary colors on yours are really inspiring :D
Enjoy!

Thanks, yours is spot on. I was initially going to go with the same brakes as you and in fact I still might in the future, they really suit it.

Re:

hi

interesting build !!
definitely go with the CBR !! have myself one on mine and it goes perfectly !!
and yes those tst frames are amazing ;)

cheers

Re: Re:

kikideparis":1svaux4s said:
hi

interesting build !!
definitely go with the CBR !! have myself one on mine and it goes perfectly !!
and yes those tst frames are amazing ;)

cheers

Thanks, can't wait to get it finished.

Back