DBR Axis Team Titanium - Latest Pics Page 4

Re:

I meant If you fit skinny rigid forks and bars with no rise then it feels so small that it doesnt handle very well and what you end up with is an expensive wall piece that isnt upto much trail Wise. If i were you i would put the mags or similar forks back on and make myself a decent little trail bike, i wouldnt worry about building a hommage to some cyclist of yesteryear that i was to worried to ride properly.

Cracking frame by the way, youve always seemed to have nice ti frames

Chris

Re: Re:

addicted":gwd32t77 said:
Tasty :cool: The smaller frames always look good and work really well for technical rides.

With a TT of approx. 21 1/2" to 21 3/4" it measures up like my Santa Cruz Superlight! :)

Member 10502":a6y21e0u said:
I meant If you fit skinny rigid forks and bars with no rise then it feels so small that it doesnt handle very well and what you end up with is an expensive wall piece that isnt upto much trail Wise. If i were you i would put the mags or similar forks back on and make myself a decent little trail bike, i wouldnt worry about building a hommage to some cyclist of yesteryear that i was to worried to ride properly.

Chris

I kinda get what you mean Chris, but I always build with the intention of making my bikes ride-able and, anyway, didn't we all ride rigid bikes with flat bars, before suspension and riser bars??? :?

However, this is the 'initial' build (as stated) so the build specs wll change ;) ....once I've done the 'hommage' I plan to try an RC30, lighten it and end up with a 'retro-rider' with lightweight (retro bits) and tuned Mag 21 SL Ti. So it will evolve :)

The main reason for a 'standard' M900 build is to give me a 'base-point weight' to see how much lighter it is when I've rebuilt it :LOL:

Cheers :)

Re:

You've really got your eye in on re-finishing Ti-frames now - looks even better than the Orange one I saw.

Still love DB's and another classy build by 'House of Wadsy'

Ade

Member 10502":2txkxrtv said:

Chris

You do realise this is RETRObike right? Part of the fun is building and restoring bikes that we thought were brilliant BITD but once the mist of rose tinted specs has been removed are in fact technically inept. Sometimes it is just fun rebuilding a bike because you can - I am constantly amazed by the persistence of some of the peeps on here to hunt for parts for a year of two in order to make a build perfect. I personally don't have the patience!!!

I have to say though that 90's DB's ride exceptionally well - I am still gutted I sold mine and goes down as one of my biggest regrets. :-(

Ade

Re: DBR Axis Team Titanium (yes, another!) Nick Craig 'hommage'

Please don't hate me...I prefer the original set-up / version :mrgreen:

Back