DBR Axis Team Titanium Frame SOLD

Re:

The repair looks a bit suspect imho. Not sure why as I'm no welder, but i would have expected the old/original weld to have been ground back as much as possible/completely and then the new weld applied. It looks as though the repair weld has been welded on top of the old, so the remnants of the crack would still have been there and will and have eventually worked their way through the repair. I'd say with a better repair, this frame will be as good as new, as it looks as though the weld has failed along a join between two tubes rather than in some odd way, so if it is fixed right, it should last a long time.

Like i said, no expert, just saying how it looks, and as an owner of one of these frames (well 2 currently), definitely a quality frame worth saving. GLWS.

Re:

I've asked to a well known frame builder and welder (here in France), if it was possible to repair, or if it'll crack another time. He told me that the right way is to take off entirely the cracked weld and weld a new one.

Re: Re:

kiwideturin":1mvq3kzz said:
I've asked to a well known frame builder and welder (here in France), if it was possible to repair, or if it'll crack another time. He told me that the right way is to take off entirely the cracked weld and weld a new one.

Interesting and good to know. Lots of Ti frames out there but these always get such great reviews.

GLWTS.

Back