Dawes Super Galaxy.....new to me, I love it

Keep us updated with how you get on with it. This is an itch I'd like to scratch, at some point.

For now, get some riding done, and tell us about it

Last edited:
Lovely. I just bought one yesterday, a 1997 Galaxy (I think the only/main difference between the SG and G was the spec of kit, the frames are the same).

These mid-late 90s ones are nice as they have 531ST frame (main tube only, I think?) and fork and are in the classic green with understated graphics. Bonus that they are made in GB, they went abroad not too much later, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or another. Yours looks to be from around this period, do you know how old it is?

I'm just about to go out now while the weather is still decent and give it a clean and spruce up a couple of bits. I'll hopefully put some pics up.

Enjoy yours, keep us updated.

Kevin.

Lovely. I just bought one yesterday, a 1997 Galaxy (I think the only/main difference between the SG and G was the spec of kit, the frames are the same).

These mid-late 90s ones are nice as they have 531ST frame (main tube only, I think?) and fork and are in the classic green with understated graphics. Bonus that they are made in GB, they went abroad not too much later, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or another. Yours looks to be from around this period, do you know how old it is?

I'm just about to go out now while the weather is still decent and give it a clean and spruce up a couple of bits. I'll hopefully put some pics up.

Enjoy yours, keep us updated.

Kevin.
Yes post some pics when you can, I have given up on the canti brakes, they never seem very good to me and fitted some V brakes (old style with the blocks on a post) and they are a massive improvement, the bike came with some top mounted cyclo cross style repeater levers which I like so they will stay, so far I love it, still tweaking it, I will post again

Back