Dawes identification kindly required

I think with that much rust on the outside there's definitely something going on in it as well. Better but some rust converter in there just in case!

OK,
Update on this if anyone's interested.

Frame is now braze filled (I learned a lot about this while doing so) and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Straightened the rear dropouts very slightly and re spaced/cold set the frame to take a 126 OLN rear maillard hub that I had kicking around.
Rust convertor poured inside frame some time ago, thanks to kind suggestions on here :)

New parts were..
116 BB axle and bottom bracket cups and bearings.
46T single steel chainring (3/32")
116 link chain
700c x 13mm aero rims bought from Dave at Nidderdale cycles via ebay. What a great chap he is.
JIS headset (27.0 fork race) This is the 2nd Dawes that I've had with a JIS size head tube.
2 x 36 spokes 292 front/ 288 rear plus spoke nipples.
26.2 seatpost 400 long.
All cables and outers.

My Grandmother sadly passed away recently, so want to finish this and paint it in an Olive Green, as her name was Olive. Maybe some gold lug lining.
Can anyone recommend some reasonable long drop brake calipers, as the frame was intended for 27" wheels?

2nd hand parts were..

Brooks Professional saddle in brown (will need some work)
Front downtube shifter
5 speed freewheel.
Everything else, I already had including tyres which I've pinched off my Raleigh Banana for now!

It's hobbled together just for now, but it rides really nicely.
I know this won't be to everyone's taste, but I really like it.

Cheers,
Richard :)

Attachments

• Dawes.JPG
    Dawes.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 395
Re:

Hello

So glad I found your post, my mum has the identical bike to this in her shed and I’m going to follow your footsteps and bring it back to life!

Ben

Back