Dave Lloyd, with a difference

Re:

Fantastic - should be a very exciting ride.
Looking forward to seeing this built ..and a comprehensive ride report!

Re:

Whatever you say boys.

So, bar tape light blue tops, red from the levers down, red cables and a white Turbo saddle then, and the tyres? What colour should the tyres be?

kingbling":39bmfmxk said:
It does in some case but not with tyres, will you be running a 650 front end on this ?
I'm just letting you boys get your own back for the sh*t I hand out.

I haven't got a 650 wheel to check, but dimensions tell me that is what the frame is designed to take, so it will be running 650 front and back. I am not that much of a purist to exclude the possibility of using a threadless type fork as that may be all I can get, so at present the front end is very much dependant on what fork I can find that will fit, and from a quick / rough measurement it looks like I need a steerer over 200mm long.

Re:

OK, I have had a few deliveries.

First I dug out a set of NOS RS4 cranks that I was (fortunately) mis sold a while ago, complete with blue spider. Next were some 650C Mavic Open rims on TriColor hubs, last another NOS item, this time an alloy fork from Aprebic stamped 98.05. They are straight leg and really designed for track / TT, but they are what I have for now.

So, what do you think, especially about the forks.

Mock%204_zpsqaa8zl9b.jpg

On their way are a set of blue Spin Stix of the correct older design, an X-Lite seatpost, Dura Ace 7402 front mech, rear mech and downtube shifters, plus I have a Flite titanium saddle in stock.

Back