Damn you, VW, Damn you...

@My_Teenage_Self just saw this thread, no i have never worked for VW, but obvs i have just got my new van, have to say, although having the 150bhp is a nice upgrade from the 102bhp i previously had the dash has left me moody about the new van, the old van had the "comfort dash" which meant it was much more like a car dash, it had a totoal of 6, yes 6 lidded glove boxes/compartments, the new van has only 1 lidded glove box, the cup holders are in a stupid place, and don't hold bottles etc very well and if they spill would end up dribbling all down the dash to the front windscreen, very poor design by comparison with the previous van.

it's a nicer blue though.

old dash:-
2018 comfort dash.jpg

new dash much more agricultural:-
2022 highline dash.jpg

that said here is some pics the Kona rep took of the van, pre me putting the shop personal plate back on it:-
van damn1.jpg

van damn2.jpg

van damn3.jpg

the disappointing dash:-
van damn4.jpg

My one and only VW caught fire and self-immolated at about 8 months old. What with the record of the companies immoral behaviour from the war to the present day, and cars that commit hari kari by torching themselves while im driving them, I could never find it in my heart to own another.

Best car I ever had for changing bulbs was my XC90. Lift the bonnet, pull 2 pins put with your fingers, and the entire headlamp unit lifter straight out in seconds with no tools. I cried tears of joyful relief the first time I had to change a bulb in it.

Now I don't own a car at all and Mrs CTEC's Polestar is all LED so I guess I'll never change a car bulb again. An era has passed...

Mondeo mk 3 pull 2 pins and headlight comes out, My transit courier was a case of break wrist, fold hand back on itself and then guess how bulb locates as the locating tabs in headlamp are not deep enough 😄

My job title is apparently 'senior automotive electrician' and I have a minion do all the bulb changes because I know he enjoys it so much and his wrists are much narrower than my popeye forearms

Had a Megane too, nightmare, ended up not bothering and trying to avoid driving at night. Automatic lights though, so had to find the special sequence to de-activate them so wouldn't get pulled over in the day.

Some motorbikes are the same, my Aprillia had to have its full upper fairing taken off and the actual lights removed to access them, not easy when the people who designed them focused on making them secure with no thought to the fact someone may actually need to get in there.

Well, today its a 2013 focus that has had a new alternator

Battery light on

Knackered battery replaced with correct stop/start type

Battery light on

Checked battery monitoring system on the negative lead, ok

Battery light is on

We're next going to see if the grill flaps are working or the issue

Option 4: pay Hellfrauds £8 to do it for you. I know they get a bad rep, but if they break it, they're good at paying up to get it fixed. A few stores even have competent fitters, although most have left in a mass exodus as the company cuts staff hours to a skeleton crew and still offers a wide array of on-demand services.

Option 4: pay Hellfrauds £8 to do it for you. I know they get a bad rep, but if they break it, they're good at paying up to get it fixed. A few stores even have competent fitters, although most have left in a mass exodus as the company cuts staff hours to a skeleton crew and still offers a wide array of on-demand services.
they'd have to pay me in order to be allowed near my car.

Back