My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
2005 VW polo.

Blown Headlight bulb.

Option 1; Remove undertray, front bumper, headlight, replace bulb & refit all.

Option 2; disconnect & remove (diesel) fuel filter & holder, which involves removing the expansion tank (see option 3).

Option 3; Remove pressure sensor module to access bolts for expansion tank, then either move to option 2, or insert arm into wing up to elbow to *just* reach the back of the headlight & work blind.

Whoever designed this hated humanity... @jonnyboy666 ... did you ever work for VW?

Hows about....

2009 Nissan Pathfinder, HID bulb type

New headlamp required as the original had lost its seal with age and had blown the ballast unit

£1800 from Nissan

for one headlight

There are alternatives of course but still...

And most cars are very very awkward for bulb replacement

First thing you want to do is get rid of that puny be and get yourself a proper car, say, an audi rs2 wag-

I’m joking

There are many different ways to remove a bulb in many different cars. Option 1 would be the easiest and with the less ballache, I think. On some cars you just reach in the back of the headlight, undo some screws and the whole unit comes out. Have a look on a forum if you want an easier way

Can we really blame VW for meeting the requirements for NCAP in pretty the same way as other car manufacturers?

Yep, of course we can. 🙂

Honda Jazz you had to remove the front wheel and arch liner to do the job.

Bleedin pedestrians and there need to not be killed in a car ceah, grrrrrr. 🤣

Can we really blame VW for meeting the requirements for NCAP in pretty the same way as other car manufacturers?

Yep, of course we can. 🙂

Honda Jazz you had to remove the front wheel and arch liner to do the job.

Bleedin pedestrians and there need to not be killed in a car ceah, grrrrrr. 🤣
Same as the Poxy Megane we had.

Back