Dablk's 93 Marin Team Marin and 89 Pine Mountain

Nice project.

shows how deceiving frame geometry can look. id have said that was 21 - 22 inch LOL !

Oddly, i often pick up old knackered marin stems and cut the rollers out to weld them on!

Thats marin 20.5 btw....could be bigger really!😂

Attachments

• 20220906_162735.jpg
    20220906_162735.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 21
The Team has been a slow burner in the background after a brief Zaskar distraction and while I sort out some bits. For whatever reason my heads struggling with the calcs for the spokes. Just need to calmly sit down and go back thru it. I was going to go catalogue but as the rims won’t be 395’s and what happened below, has made me want thumbies.

In the mean time it also got an older stable mate.
1989 Pine Mountain

E1C8D648-E405-438D-B14F-D2BB88B61114.jpeg IMG_7782.jpeg

Thankfully local and a reasonable price. It’s got some rust, an NDS dent and the tyres have seen their last outing. It a little before my era as far as a bike I might have lusted after but I do like the paint scheme. Sadly missing its original bar but it’s far too narrow for me anyway. So will get a replacement with a half thought of spraying the front end myself. Plan is to get this rideable and then move it to Scotland where the in-law has a nice loch road out the door. Will look out some black tyres without breaking the bank.

Back