da FUNK phenomenon

mine is very similar to the yeti. top tube cable stops rivited on & slotted by my own fair hand with a hacksaw many, many years ago!

Attachments

• DSCF1204.jpg
    DSCF1204.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,057
  • DSCF1205.jpg
    DSCF1205.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,057
  • DSCF1206.jpg
    DSCF1206.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,057
  • DSCF1207.jpg
    DSCF1207.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,057
can anyone comment if these would work??? :)

http://www.cannondale-parts.de/Cable-ho ... -on-Caad-4

A192.jpg

RockiMtn":2qukvrgt said:
looks like the frame i have should be set up with a pulley attached to the BB. This makes it even more confusing on how the front mech should be set up. :? :LOL:

It should be just like the Yeti the cable just bolts to the bottom bracket as shown in the other Funk photo. At the derailleur you take the bolt which usually clamps the cable in an replace it with a guide stop for the outer, and inner to pass through.

If you have a play you should be able to see how it works and make it work.

Manitou three on the FUNK? :?

also, any one can help with suggestions on cable stops for the rear mech? :(

Attachments

• IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 913
Good luck with the build, it seems you have solved your initial confusion over the front mech but if you look at my build thread you will get abit more info.

i've actually not solve anything regarding the front mech. i just happened to have the right clamp size XTR lying around so i slapped it on. :LOL:

it's a top pull and hopefully i can make it work with the frame. but from what i see, it looks like i need a bottom one with the cable stop on the swing arm solution. :(

Bottom pull, cable stop on mech, cable attached to bottom bracket shell, it does work fine.

Vinevo":2zx3sr91 said:
Bottom pull, cable stop on mech, cable attached to bottom bracket shell, it does work fine.

Okay, thanks. Do you know what kind and where to source an appropriate cable stop for the front mech? as well as ones to go on the seat stay for the rear mech?

Can't help with the rear mech guides, sorry, but a cable stop/tension adjuster as found on a traditional style side pull brake is what you need, they are only a couple of pound on eBay, I bought one only a couple of weeks ago to fit to my Campagnolo front mech as it's just right.

Back