da FUNK phenomenon

STRIP!!! :twisted: Need to find a local autobody shop with a dunk tank.

Have a couple of required spec XT front mechs i snagged off the "bay" coming to me.

also want to source a shorter CT or Syncros stem. the CT one that came with it is a whopping 150mm. :shock:

updates… some UP :) and some DOWN :(

paint stripped off frame, fork and CT stem. Yeah!

crack found in the frame on the seat tube/stay weld. Boo! :(

should be repairable. :)

Sourced an Answer Manitou stem last week. And i just remembered I have a Hyperlite bar stashed away to go with it. :D So I might go the route of using a set of Manitou 1 or 3 forks.

But elastomers for both forks are toast. :(

Friend has supplied me with a NOS Manitou 1-1/4" crown/steerer :D

Attachments

• IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG-20120308-00224.jpg
    IMG-20120308-00224.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 455
frame, fork and stem stripped down to shiny bare metal… well the frame and stem is relatively shiny, the fork, not so much. big thanks goes out to bagpipes for the assist in this. ;)

now to deal with the crack, and then the decision to paint, or polish and colour anodize.

Attachments

• IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 398
so acquired a set of nice Cook Bros Racing E-cranks for the FUNK. and again it's accompanied by a problem to solve. didn't come with "special" spacers required to hold the spider properly fitted to the arms. hope to have that resolved soon.

in the meantime. here's a few detail close-up shots of the crack i need addressed. any opinions on how best to have this fixed and how concerned about it i should be?

also, is it safe for me to sand down all the welds on the frame to make them smoother? it looks to have been done to some degree already.

Attachments

• IMG_2749.JPG
    IMG_2749.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2746.JPG
    IMG_2746.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_2743.JPG
    IMG_2743.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 295

Latest posts

Back