cycling on the roads

I don't know what saddened me more reading the Pistonheads thread.
The fact that someone died in a tragic accident, or that people seemed to forget that fact and continue with their narrow minded argument.

Maybe the implications of a loss of life weren't understood or just not considered. Either way, it's a sad indictment of human nature. :(

John":3bdaq8ph said:
Some well reasoned posts, some not. Sad reflection on uk drivers attitudes when half immeadiately blame the cyclist.

nice to see a lot of the posters slamming the ones that did though.

cherrybomb":wo6gc5u9 said:
I don't know what saddened me more reading the Pistonheads thread.
The fact that someone died in a tragic accident, or that people seemed to forget that fact and continue with their narrow minded argument.

Maybe the implications of a loss of life weren't understood or just not considered. Either way, it's a sad indictment of human nature. :(

I take the Hindu view on death when its my time to die its my time to die. its those left behind I worry about, any way must dash to join the Black Parade.

Having been regularly to India on business, it is my observation that believing in both Pre-Destiny and Reincarnation has been disastrous for road safety.

1.2 million road deaths annually in a country with 10 million cars. Scary.

TheGreenRabbit":36gdjbum said:
its those left behind I worry about,
Those are the implications of a loss of life.

hamster":36gdjbum said:
Having been regularly to India on business, it is my observation that believing in both Pre-Destiny and Reincarnation has been disastrous for road safety.

1.2 million road deaths annually in a country with 10 million cars. Scary.
I've never been convinced that hanging a slipper from the back axle of your truck is the best approach to road safety either! :?

I think the main thing is to be aware of whats around, especially (even when I'm in a car) of "German cars".

What still amazes me how many people still don't wear helmets.

Back