cycling in cold weather

It was minus one in Thrunton last night, best way to keep warm? keep it on the middle ring and give it some!

I've been contemplating getting a full face mask for winter riding to help keep your ears warm. What do ppl think of that?

RockiMtn":2haxd7ga said:
I've been contemplating getting a full face mask for winter riding to help keep your ears warm. What do ppl think of that?

May well be needed in Toronto in the winter, doesn't get that cold here in Scotland however :LOL:.

Did 39 miles on the ss yesterday, it's always my toes that suffer, they were like ice cubes. I've tried the buff bandanna thing - too hot and sweaty! Might try the ear muff thing though.

stevek":1kzsw7cd said:
Did 39 miles on the ss yesterday, it's always my toes that suffer, they were like ice cubes. I've tried the buff bandanna thing - too hot and sweaty! Might try the ear muff thing though.

Ye cannae beat the old roadie style overshoe for keeping yer tootsies warm and they come in all sorts of MTB shoe friendly designs too :D. Ear muff thing works a treat, I tend to go with that and my XC lid for warmer days during the winter especially if the winds on the chilly side but the suns out.

FEET... I Hate my feet being cold... and after riding for years, I treated myself to some shimano winter gore-tex boots...Brilliant ...no more cold feet...highly recommended... :)

Back