Helmets/keeping your head warm in Winter.

I have a fleece version of the cotton roadie cap.
Can be worn as a cap but also has a fold down flap to cover your ears and back of neck
Very toastie šŸ˜ƒ

A good recommendation from climbing and skiing is to keep your neck really warm - a major part of the blood supply goes to the brain and if the neck is exposed the head can feel cold.

When its sub zero I wear a beanie hat with an old helmet that has no foam pads in, works well. Just plain cold then a windstopper headband covering the tops of my ears. I'm pretty bald so I cant rely on any folicles for warmth.

Skull cap under helmet, neck warmer/snood, always a pair of sunglasses, clear ones if itā€™s dark. Nothing worse than getting a cold bit bothering you. More than once Iā€™ve had to turn around and go back to fetch one of these items.

One of the worst bits of one of the rides I used to do was after a coffee stop before the final leg to home, putting back on the wet/sweaty cap and helmet. No one likes a cold sweaty helmet.

Being folically challenged (it's actually very fashionable these days you know) the cold stabs through the vents in my helmet like Freddy Kruger at Sabatier sale.

I avoid this by using silk skull caps, shorter ones for milder weather and longer ones that covers my ears for colder weather. Retrobike snood and 4 inches of beard deals with the lower half of the fizzog.

In winter I use my paramo velez jacket with a hood. The hood goes snugly under my helmet and it stops the sleet and rain from going down my neck. Covers the ears as well.If thats not enough then add a thermal balaclava.If thats not enough its maybe time for a cup of tea back home

Back