cycle to work schemes - stil worth it?

I know the CTW schemes charge the shops a commission, so some shops won't offer discounts, as they are getting less already

Pyro Tim":17s30r34 said:
I understand it's a token payment at the end of 12 months, so if it's another month's payment, it's only another £55 after taking tax into consideration
You might be in for a nasty surprise then, few ex colleagues in the UK got stiffed on this, final payment was around 15-20% of new value. They weren't told until after a few monthly payments had been made, and in some cases until it came due.
There is a work around, where you sign on for another 2(?) years, make no further payments but the final value is effectively zero then. But you are still on the scheme. Might be some hassle if you leave the job etc.

Re: Re:

Rampage":3iwbyzei said:
RobMac":3iwbyzei said:
What about this, goes to my LBS and has a look at a full rig out, shoes, helmet, WP jacket etc etc. And I clocked that a lot of the stuff was on special offer (£100 reduced to £80 kinda thing) enquires about it and was told I wouldn't get the reduction as I was paying through CTW scheme, WTF :evil:

I can understand them not giving a discount on a marked price if your CTW, but they can't put the price up!

You need a new LBS.

I've bought 5 new bikes from that shop and the last 2 were through CTW, I dont buy from them any more.

Pyro Tim":9vay0gee said:
I know the CTW schemes charge the shops a commission, so some shops won't offer discounts, as they are getting less already

Yes, I can understand not offering a discount, but putting up the price from what it is marked up as is taking the p***!

Back