Cycle helmet debate number 56565647564 with a twist

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3c49g36p said:
I don't get the argument that putting potential riders off makes. There seems to be a hole in that thinking. The helmet is not intrusive, and no real hassle. If it is, take it off. Simple. Choice.
if you think taking it off and carrying around a city centre bar is no real hassle, try it.
Lock it up with the bike ? I'm not locking a £100+ helmet up in town for some pisshead to kick around or drop his load in. He can kick the bike - as it's steel, he'll come off worse. If I had to wear a helmet for transport, then I wouldn't ride for utility. My riding would be purely for leisure only. BTW I tend to wear if I'm lycra'd up and doing recreational cycling. I don't wear one for utility riding when wearing jeans and trainers.

Re: Re:

pigman":3tfndwro said:
highlandsflyer":3tfndwro said:
I don't get the argument that putting potential riders off makes. There seems to be a hole in that thinking. The helmet is not intrusive, and no real hassle. If it is, take it off. Simple. Choice.
if you think taking it off and carrying around a city centre bar is no real hassle, try it.
Lock it up with the bike ? I'm not locking a £100+ helmet up in town for some pisshead to kick around or drop his load in. He can kick the bike - as it's steel, he'll come off worse. If I had to wear a helmet for transport, then I wouldn't ride for utility. My riding would be purely for leisure only. BTW I tend to wear if I'm lycra'd up and doing recreational cycling. I don't wear one for utility riding when wearing jeans and trainers.

You really shouldn't wear Jeans and Trainers, there is proper cycling wear you should always ride, especially arse padding. The damage a seat can do and jeans can chaff, especially if it rains. Good if you fall off though as they're tough. Trainers, the devils cycling wear, no support for the foot, promotes muscles problems there as it stretches wrongly.
Nope you have to go to work and the shops dressed properly.

Latest posts

Back