Custom painted '93 DiamondBack Ascent ex

Hej give us more pictures of complete frame in daylight!

You did marvelous job! So you sprayed decals on. How did you do masking?

Here are pictures of the completed bike. The pictures really don't do the bike justice, it's really amazing in person. This picture kind of shows the little tiny ghost graphic that are placed here and there on the bike. You can just see one on the lower chain stay, and a partial one on the seat stay. It also shows the crazy amount of time put into cleaning and polishing we all do for these bikes.

Attachments

• 91 custom painted Diamond Back ascent ex by Cherrys Cycle Art 4.jpg
    91 custom painted Diamond Back ascent ex by Cherrys Cycle Art 4.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 523
Dare":3up7qnxp said:
Hej give us more pictures of complete frame in daylight!

You did marvelous job! So you sprayed decals on. How did you do masking?

Hi Dare, thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I sprayed the script rather than using decals. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if I could get my hands on some decals for all the bikes I fix up. It would save me so much time. Does anyone know of a place that does custom high quality water slide decals? I tend to do bikes that nobody cares about, therefore there are no decals available, so a custom decal place would be the best. Velo-cals is too busy these days to do any customs, and every other site doesn't seem to offer custom orders. It almost makes me want to go out and buy a ridiculously expensive printer and start taking orders. Oh, that's right it's ridiculously expensive....ahhh crap! foiled again.

Here is the next picture for you guys. I'm always relieved and excited when I finish one.

Attachments

• 91 custom painted Diamond back ascent ex by Cherrys Cycle Art 2.jpg
    91 custom painted Diamond back ascent ex by Cherrys Cycle Art 2.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 521
On most of the bikes I fix up I spray everything, but I do like to get the tubing decals if at all possible, so it looks as close to a factory custom as possible. I always try to get the correct lettering back on the bike so someone can identify the year of the bike just by viewing the lettering. Custom shouldn't look generic in my opinion, and factory style lettering just completes the overall look of the bike.

Attachments

• custom painted 91 Diamond Back ascent ex by Cherrys Cycle Art 3.jpg
    custom painted 91 Diamond Back ascent ex by Cherrys Cycle Art 3.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 520
I'm currently in the assembly stages on a Schwinn Tempo custom and a GT Karakoram custom for two friends of mine. Then I get to finally refurbish my own bike. If people here want I can post those too. Let me know.

Attachments

• custom painted 91 Diamond Back ascent ex by Cherrys Cycle Art.jpg
    custom painted 91 Diamond Back ascent ex by Cherrys Cycle Art.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 519
Dare":kmpiomso said:
Cool looking bike!
How are polished cranks holding their mirror finish?

The polishing job is holding up great, still has a mirror shine. I did another Diamond Back about 7 years ago and the polished aluminum still shines like crazy. Sure beats ano, at least cost wise. I would like to do some anodizing on future bikes, but it costs an arm and a leg, plus it's hard to find anybody in my area who does it.

Latest posts

Back