Sorted "Cross clamp" / "mech verter" pulley

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yes, another ill-advised 90s steel MTB to drop-bar gravel-bike project is on the cards and it looks like I'm going to need:

some "travel agent" type widgets to use V-brakes with road STIs - now sorted for these
something like the DMR mech verter / Problem Solvers "cross clamp" pulley, to use a road front mech with a top-pull routing frame.

Anyone??

NOW SORTED!

Last edited:
Ah, thanks. I searched for the Problem Solvers ones and couldn't see them - I hadn't realised there were other manufacturers doing these adapters. But still - £30 each :oops:

Now I've looked for them, I can see they they're available from China from for just under £15 a pair on ebay and I'm not in a rush for them, so I think that'll be me sorted for the travel agents: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284335691373

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Does the mech verter do anything special like a travel agent in adjusting the pull or is it just a bolt on pulley? If it is just a pulley on a clamp then I think I might have one, depends on your frame tube size of guess?

No, there's no fancy change to the pull ratio - it's literally just a pulley wheel on a clamp that sits below a bottom-pull front mech - I know some cross frames with top-routed cables used to have these wheels installed already. Looks like the seat tube will be a skinny 28.6, but I'll confirm!

Back