Cripes - Pace content

Re:

CTK":wn573wi7 said:
How much would this have been when new?

£1695.00 according to the Freewheel catalogue..about £3700 today I think, having had a look on some inflation calculation site things.

Already bidding is going high. It will be very interesting to see where it ends up (both in location and price)...

Re:

Its a thing of beauty.

But can we be sure its not been refurbished...? A lot of extra value can be placed on this fact alone.

If you compare to high end superb examples on here, like Petes for example, how would you know....?

Re: Re:

Oh man, that’s something rare and special.

Back in the 90s I worked in a shop that had a few NOS Kleins in the cellar because they were too expensive to sell, then too old to sell so NOS they stayed. They also had top end bikes that were bought and never collected by customers (often cityboys who relocated to other countries before collecting).

sinnerman":1eqbgx6j said:
If you compare to high end superb examples on here, like Petes for example, how would you know....?

You’re too kind!
(Mine still has a couple of faults that bug me, the grey cable guides were unobtainium when I came to replace them so I have CNCed ones instead-these days 3D printing could change that)

Re:

its not smoke blowing Pete. You just like things right.

Hope your are well bud.

mynchiboy":einzr1fu said:
CTK":einzr1fu said:
How much would this have been when new?

£1695.00 according to the Freewheel catalogue..about £3700 today I think, having had a look on some inflation calculation site things.

Already bidding is going high. It will be very interesting to see where it ends up (both in location and price)...

Hopefully breaks the £3700 mark then!

sinnerman":2qrnfdjy said:
Hope your are well bud.

Hiding away from the cold weather, I’m not leaving the house til March!

CTK":2qrnfdjy said:
Hopefully breaks the £3700 mark then!

I know some of my American friends will hate this comparison but I have always seen Pace as akin to Cunningham bikes-both cutting edge for their time, both introduced many inventions that went on to become standards (sloping top tubes, aheadsets, wide BB, wide hubs etc), both were designed holistically as bikes rather than as a frame with parts bolted on.
In a world where Cunninghams make five figures it shouldn’t be a stretch for Brits to lay down £4k on such a clean example of the most iconic U.K. bike.

Cheshire1980":30gyk7mh said:
Noticed its been taken off ebay.. someone's swooped it up.

Bidding had gone up & down (bids retracted?) in the last couple of days.

Could well have been sold "elsewhere".
I'm sure if it's a RB member it'll make an appearance sooner or later.

Glad this has been removed. I kept looking at this eBay listing in the same way I kept looking at the Freewheel catalogue all them, years ago... :)

Back