cougar frame question

andresmuro

Retro Newbie
Hello,

I recently purchased this frame: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334586889803

Decal says SLX. However, I don't see any ribs on down tube and seat tube. could it be a fake or mislabeled? Also, does anyone know what size seatpost does it take. What do you all think?

TIA,

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i have a cougar from then, that i have owned since new, it has the same tubing sticker and is not ribbed. remember it's "new slx", when it was sold to me (it was my first higher end road frame) based on the fact that most people would buy the SL tubed frame, you had to pay extra to have the SLX version, which i did, it was explained to me that SLX was better if you were a bigger guy or a sprinter, i was a pretty good sprinter back then so i went for SLX over SL

this is what it was like when new, C-Record group in boardman/gan colours, note the sticker on the seat tube. it's been repainted a couple of times since, it's now silver metallic fade to blue now with a mostly Veloce group now

cougar1.jpg

i have a cougar from then, that i have owned since new, it has the same tubing sticker and is not ribbed. remember it's "new slx", when it was sold to me (it was my first higher end road frame) based on the fact that most people would buy the SL tubed frame, you had to pay extra to have the SLX version, which i did, it was explained to me that SLX was better if you were a bigger guy or a sprinter, i was a pretty good sprinter back then so i went for SLX over SL

this is what it was like when new, C-Record group in boardman/gan colours, note the sticker on the seat tube. it's been repainted a couple of times since, it's now silver metallic fade to blue now with a mostly Veloce group now

View attachment 679873
On the bed 😂

Back