Corsa record CIOCC

phoog

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Thought I'd share some pics of my current project, I've always been slightly down on this era as "overpriced bling or bordering on franklin mint" but I found this 86 frame ont tinternet for £180 with some 105/600 bits on

IMG_1813.jpg

My usual builds are British and on the whole come from the local recycling center (dump) I've been hankering after something Italian since going to L'Eroica last October with a 531 Raleigh rapide that cost me £8 ! anyway I've come to accept the fact that I'm never going to find a mid 80s italian at a North Devon dump so i'm going to "offload" all the bikes/bits I do find there and buy the bits get this on the road in time for October ! The result should be a "free" bike :)

I bought the wheels from Holland needed a couple of spokes and trueing
IMG_1.jpg

a pair of 6 speed Corsa record levers from Poland
IMG_1816.jpg

a front mech
IMG_1835.jpg

some levers
IMG_1830.jpg

decided against the corsa Record pedals as these are the right year and I prefer them !
IMG_1824.jpg

These are 1988 not 86 but they'll have to do for the time being, It'll be going onto an omas titanium bb I forgot to photo
IMG_1828.jpg

a bit gutted about the stem, I bought if from Italy but it's slightly bent so it won't lower into the forks all the way, It's below the minimum point so it's usable as is, just a bit too high, I might try to straighten it in the vice but I'm worried it'll snap,

IMG_1818.jpg

there is a silver one on the evil bay but I recon with a hammer, nail, blindfold and 15 pints of Guiness I could do a better job :)
_12.jpg

That silver stem looks like the Polish Butcher's handywork hahaha..........

Back