Concorde MTB's - any info is welcome!!

stumpjumper1990

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just bought this Concorde MTB last week for 40 EUR. It's got BR-AT50 brakes, Wolber rims on M730 hubs, Campagnolo seatpost, Colnage headset, Ritchey Force stem and bar. I think it's from mid to late eighties, but not sure.

Does anybody has any info about these MTB's or Concorde in general?

Cheers,
Bart

GroteFoto-QYPLCSTL.jpg

GroteFoto-RNOZZCES.jpg

frame

all i can remember is that they had a range of road frames and where the team bikes for the PDM pro cycling team.thought they where a dutch based company.but no idea where the frames where made

Thanks! All I know that the company was started by Piet Rentmeester ( a former professional cyclist). Nowadays the name is owned by Veltec.
There is some information on the net on their road bikes. In the 90's they renamed their MTB's into American Eagle (by Concorde). I think they still sell MTB's.
I cannot find anything on their early MTB's like the one I found! :cry:

Late 80s

The early 90s catalogue in Gallery 2 shows a fillet brazed MaxOR mountainbike if I recall correctly.

matthew71":1istqs4j said:
Elev12k":1istqs4j said:
Halfway with tarmac Concorde

thats the PDM colours,good enough for sean kelly,good enough for anyone :D

A TdF aftertalk on the Alpe d'Heuz stage day discussed Steven Rooks' Alpe d'Heuz stage win in 1988. Shown were scenes with Steven racing the Concorde PDM to the top. A year later Gert-Jan Theunisse wun. Guess what he rode :D

pdm

i remember the year gert won,he looked drugged out of his head,was it the year before the whole team pulled out due to dodgy blood transfusions ?

Back