Concorde Gavina SL - restoration finished!

Re:

Hi gavr,

Sorry I didn't mention but your tommasini is a beauty! I do have the Doppler shifters but realised I had the two concave washers the wrong way round. Found this info on the web and looks like they nestle within each other and the convex side presses against the shift lever and now it shifts pretty sweetly. Weather looks good so will give it a run out and will let you know how I get on..

http://cadre.org/bike_stuff/Campagnolo/ ... insert.jpg

Re:

A stunningly good result, it looks absolutely great and I look forward to hearing how it rides.

I have an Astore from around the same period and it is a superb ride, your Gavina should be a little tighter and quicker in every respect, which should make it a lot of fun.

Re:

Fantastic work there. One question though, your delta brakes look like the covers are polished and engraved. Is this the case? If so did you get this done?

Stephen

Re:

Hi Stephen,

I bought them off Tel (stallion cycles) as part of a job lot of bits from an omega bike build he did a couple of years back and I think these may have been the first ones he did. He was offering engraving and polishing at the time, but not sure he if he is still doing it. They do look very cool IMHO...

Latest posts

Back