Concorde Flies Again...

Re: Concorde Flies Again... soon

Thanks HT.

The front shifting is friction. I don't think Campagnolo ever did indexing on the front until the current 11 speed era.

On the workstand, it's perfect. Very little effort required with the lever and it shifts so well it's as if it were indexed. I expect my triple experiment to be slightly messier and at best to need a bit of practice to avoid overshifts.

Was on eBay last night... I'm dead meat.

_3%201_zpsyzurxxgy.jpg

SLX tubing, Cinelli spoiler bottom bracket with slots cut in it, external cable routing and no model name decal.

I'm thinking genuine team issue... not sure what year though.

_3%202_zpswzbgitfc.jpg

Re:

Washing up for a month? Doing the Saturday shop for the rest of the year? Vacuuming the house for life?

There is always a price to pay.

Much worse than that...

I am to sacrifice a bike. :facepalm:

A goat would be preferable, but I don't have one.

Luckily,... I have a trashed and retired Boardman (cycle to work) frameset that's perfect.

Big show of taking it to the dump on Saturday. Job done :D

First test ride today...

Fantastic ride. Really fast and springs when you put the power down. Descends comfortably and was really really nice to ride.

I've absolutely nailed it with the downtube shifter conversion to 10 speed. It's impeccable, if a little alien to me having not used​ DT shifters for erm... A while.

Negatives? With a 53-42 chainset, this is not for climbing, certainly not for my old knees anyway. On rolling terrain and gradual slopes, lovely. Anything over 5 or 6 percent not so nice. I'm going to test a triple on it and if it works with the front mech, I'll have won a watch.

I also need to shift the brake levers as I could only brake hard from the drops.

Latest posts

Back